[Mod Request] Get Rid of the Black Flag!

Shrooblord

Hey gang,

I've been away from the game and this forum for a while. Recently played a multiplayer game with my friend again, and, at least for a short while, I'm ready to get sucked right back into the thick of things, haha. Some of the new updates are amazing! We both fell in love with designing custom turrets for our ships - good stuff!

One of the updates, however, pissed me off to no extent! :P

I'm talking about the "black flag" that's behind every Resource and Upgrade and Error Message you collect and receive on the right hand side of the screen. There's no menu option to disable it, or control its opacity, and frankly I find it obnoxious, especially when you're in build mode and a mining ship of yours is collecting Resources. If you've got a steady income, you literally can't read the majority of the stats that are supposed to be displayed to you in Build Mode.

So I was wondering if anyone's taken a closer look at the scripts and knows where this was introduced, and if it can be disabled. If it's a texture file you can "delete" by replacing it with a fully transparent image, I'd find that acceptable too.

I tried looking myself, but couldn't find what I was after in the short 20 minutes I spent searching.

I hope this is not hard-locked and baked into the game engine itself. Yare yare...

Anyway have a good one!

Shrooblord

I've been away from the game and this forum for a while. Recently played a multiplayer game with my friend again, and, at least for a short while, I'm ready to get sucked right back into the thick of things, haha. Some of the new updates are amazing! We both fell in love with designing custom turrets for our ships - good stuff!

Welcome back to forum and game  :)

I think this can not be modded, did not try though. To me this black background on all messages is annoying to me too. Lets ask devs to change it, I will mention this in patch topic.