[MOD] Ham Galaxy Settings - HGS

Hammelpilaw

Ham Galaxy Settings

This is a global galaxy balancing mod. It adds a new config file to your game, wich gives you access to a lot of new custom settings to modify balancing and difficulty of the whole galaxy. The goal is to make the game more individual for the player / server, and to make you able to design your galaxy much more interesting and challanging without modding by your own.

For example you can make npc ships or stations stronger, make npc stations have more cargo space (a mine wich can only store 100 Gold is annoying), modify the global damage of military-, civil weapons and torpedos or nerf faction wars. Also you can modify the scaling of difficulty when you get nearer to core.

Watch the full list of settings for more information.

By default this mod provides a setting, that almost does not change the balancing at all. I want the user himself decide about this. But if you are lazy you can also download some pre-defined configurations (coming soon) and simply insert into your game.

Installation and documentation

Please take a look at the documentation pages:

Documentation

It also includes all the other links above and below, so this is the only link you really need. For using this mod the General informations section should provide everything you have to know, even if you never did anything with mods.

Advanced users may take a look at the Advanced section.

Compatibility

This mod overwrides lot of vanilla game files, wich may cause compatibility issues with other mods. At least I can say it is compatible with all my currently supported mods (find the list in my signature).

Guardian scout

Because this mod would be incompatible with my Guardian Scout mod, I moved the Scout into this mod, so the Guardian Scout is included. Watch docs for further information.

Credits

I used the library serialize.lua by Fabien Fleutot.

HamGalaxySettings-0.3.1.zip

HamGalaxySettings-0.4.0.zip

• 1 month later...

Great Idea, I have a mod I made that lets users change the behavior of asteroid generation to fit their play style that would probably be a great addition to this mod. If you want to check it out (by default does not change game play) https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,4293.0.html

Thanks, I will watch your mod and see if it fits in the HGS mod.

• 4 months later...

I have been away for over a year due to some family medical stuff but as I pick back up I find this which is awesome.

So awesome job Hammel.

I do have a question, is there a way to increase likely hood of fighters spawning? Maybe some different aspects of fighters could be configured? I know a lot is still locked out from Lua, but wasn't sure what the extent was. Want to do some extensive fighter testing, and would be easier if fighters weren't so rare to run into.

I have been away for over a year due to some family medical stuff but as I pick back up I find this which is awesome.

So awesome job Hammel.

I do have a question, is there a way to increase likely hood of fighters spawning? Maybe some different aspects of fighters could be configured? I know a lot is still locked out from Lua, but wasn't sure what the extent was. Want to do some extensive fighter testing, and would be easier if fighters weren't so rare to run into.

Thanks. I hope your familiy is fine again. Welcome back to Avo.

You talk about buying fighters at equipment docks? I usely build my own fighters at fighters factory, and then make a blueprint of it. This way you can lot of ships full with fighters. Or did I misunderstand you?

You talk about buying fighters at equipment docks? I usely build my own fighters at fighters factory, and then make a blueprint of it. This way you can lot of ships full with fighters. Or did I misunderstand you?

Sorry I meant increase likelihood of running into NPCs with fighters, their strength etc, I need cannon fodder to test against :)

Maybe the Xsotan option for fighter carrier will be enough.

Sorry I meant increase likelihood of running into NPCs with fighters, their strength etc, I need cannon fodder to test against :)

Maybe the Xsotan option for fighter carrier will be enough.

Ah you want more enemies with fighters. Sounds interesting, maybe ill implement it.

Right now there are only options to reduce enemies fighters... primarily not to make fights easier, but to save performance (on server and client side).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I applied this mode in version 0.21.4 and when I started the game, the equipment dock did not sell the turret, nor was it given in the inventory when it started.

If you do not sell the turret in the equipment dock and you do not have a turret in your inventory at the start,

data \ scripts \ lib \ turretgenerator.lua as a vanilla file,

mods \ HGS \ scripts \ lib \ turretgenerator.lua

Replace "local turret = GenerateTurretTemplate (seed, weaponType, dps, tech, rarity, material)" with

"local turret = TurretGenerator.generateSeeded (seed, weaponType, dps, tech, rarity, material)"

This method worked for me. The numerical scale is normally applied (at least initially).

I do not know if others will have this problem.

If this problem is common, see this article.

(I used Google Translator because of bad english ability)