3 million damage MAD scientist

DoorsMonster

Hello, guys!

I'm not quite sure if this is a bug, but I fought MAD scientist recently and he just one-shot my battlecruiser. After armouring my ship with rock, and facing them again, I understood how that sick dude managed to do that: MAD had 3 million damage/s lightning turrets. I know, I know, there's ppl with ships way stronger, but I feel that this scientist really went out of control.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think its a bug, but put a big flat plate of stone at the front of your ship facing him and you won't loose hull to him :).  His damage is insanely strong but it is lightning, so no damage to stone  blocks.  Also, not sure how, but I was able to get one of the guns this guy has... and man is it OP lol. 

Don't think its a bug, but put a big flat plate of stone at the front of your ship facing him and you won't loose hull to him :) .  His damage is insanely strong but it is lightning, so no damage to stone  blocks.  Also, not sure how, but I was able to get one of the guns this guy has... and man is it OP lol.

At least this is a bug - 200k omicron... few of them kills the guardian in about 5 seconds. Best weapon ingame currently.

• 2 months later...

This can not be intended...

Actually it is... there is a simple trick how to beat it. As far as I know there are some ingame tips how to do.

I did not understand the intention of that patch in the beginning, thats why I said it is a bug, but that is wrong.

For those who want to know the solution:

It only got lightning turrets, wich does not do damage vs stone blocks. So tank it with a ship covered by stone. Be aware that it may have some defence weapons wich may cause a very little damage vs stone, but this should not be a problem.

Ah lol misunderstood.... forget what I was talking about...

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome!

Newest beta 0.20.2 singleplayer insane difficulty

Today I spawned mad scientist in my ship (900k shields maybe more and 700k armor?) with 7k firepower NOT USING stone armor because before it was fun and quite dangerous fight but now...

that boss had over 32bit limit firepower displayed ( 2eXXX where x are numbers im guessing its that limit thing :p) and as he fired plasma guns it was fine yet when we got closer with his lgihting guns he killed me in 0.3 seconds.. its really how it meant to be? i mean ofcourse wall of stone is tactic but just 1 of his guns htiting somewhere "between" stone armor and youre dead? and with new boosting mechanic where every npc can boost i dont think its reasonable to keep it that way.

and damn next sector youre fine fighting enemy "army" ship dreadgnouhts etc in their sector and that boss is like out of other galaxy type of difficulty  :D for me its very bad to force that hard player to use stone that boss will insta kill you

Seems it's meant to be this way. Apparently the damage has been nerfed... to only 2 million :).

But it seems to have been outfitted with plasma guns to allow itself to defend against a rogue 4x4x4 stone block (with engine and thruster embedded) equipped with the best two-slotter you have ::).

Since it has been updated, try to test its damage against stone corners and edges ;).