Turret Research woes, Random HUGE Coxials???? Ouch!

Antibak

So I came back to the game to try out some new features like creating your own custom turret designs. Great idea to have your ship look nice  with turrets looking similar and proportional. However now, the weapon upgrades seems broken. It makes huge oversized powerful coxial weapons out of normal sized turrets totally randomly.  Not a single  coxial was used in the research or even a large size turret over size 2. But the systrm makes huge size 3 coxial units at random!  There has to be some control over what size and type you should just get like matarial type= works; weapon type= works; even barrel number works.  So why is oversized and coxial a totally random thing now??????

Random coaxials in research ??? ?

Must research BWAARF Cannons and giant seeker rocket launcher for my destroyers :D !!!

I didn't know that was a thing !

Edit: D'oh. Seems it's the case only for you, you're lucky. There seems to be tiny fluctuations in size (cannons get made in size 1.5 and size 2), but not enough to make them coaxial :(. The sizes of turrets seems to get made on the "inside" "part" of the game by "GenerateTurretTemplate".