Linux Server?

Yuka

I don't see any info on it in the wiki... just wondering if I could run a Linux server on my Ubuntu Server 16.04 game server I already have running several games.  It's a fairly beastly machine so I'd hope it could run this game - I'd be willing to shut down a few other game servers it is running if necessary.

It has 20 GB of RAM and two quad-core Xeon CPUs plus a bunch of other fancy stuff attached to it and around it.

I've purchased the game on steam, for what it's worth.

I'm running an own Avorion server @ Ubuntu 16.04 LTS since this afternoon. It's running fine so far. My server machine is only a: i3-4160 Dual-Core @ 3,6 GHz and 8GB RAM (used for now for single player only, may become a small co-op server later if I get friends into this game :-))

Installation was done in a handfull of minutes, just had to verify the AppID 565060 as the one which stands for the Avorion dedicated server, as this wasn't exactly clear to me at first. I already had some experience by setting up an own 7DTD dedicated server on the same machine, but the installation of Avorion dedicated server is really easy with SteamCMD.

What I'm still missing is the place where the settings for the server are stored like: seed, used ports, and so on ...

Any advice?

My server is up and running but I don't see an effective setting for ports being used.. I can change the game server port in the settings but the others such as steam port cannot be changed.  Sprry, not at the console now to view those variables specifically.

Once I get better control of which ports are used I'll open my firewall up to allow global connections to my server.

BTW, my server runs great so far.  Would love to do some stress testing.

I've also begun development with the LGSM team to get LGSM support for Avorion to make it ultra easy to get a Linux server up and running.