[Echo from Steam]Not so much a bug as something overlooked...

BenWinston

(OP by Sir Winston Nov 1 2018)

Combat in a Salvage area.

If you are in a salvage sector, and bad guys show up, I would recommend running away instead of fighting them. You see, in the salvage sector once a ship is destroyed, it becomes salvage; even if there are still rockets and whatnot flying towards it. Unless you have a salvage permit, you're gonna♥♥♥♥♥♥off the faction that owns the salvage yard. (Missed shots that hit wrecks also are not appreciated)

Don;t know how to fix this, but something needs to be done about it before a final release; One big pirate fleet and an admired ally was reduced to mistrustful. Not good.

(Reply by Tactical Nuclear Coffee on 11/14/2018)

I bought 1h salvage in a friendly area, went to make my team and left my ship auto salvaging for 20minz, came back and EVERYONE was red and attacking me, it must have happened just after i left because there was loads of "friendly" ships dead around me so yeah.

Even with a permit it doesnt seem to work, maybe it just permits everything at that time rather than counting new stuff? Altho i cant see it being that advanced a system so who knows. Rather weird. I might buy an hours worth and go test it out at a later date.

(Reply by Sir Winston on 11/14/2018)

Perhaps it was the fact that you left the sector? The permit holder being you and not the salvaging ship? Did you leave the permit on the salvager? Could be a number of things there. What I was talking about was finding a salvage sector, Pirates or Xsotan show up, and you fight them. As soon as you destroy one of their ships, it becomes salvage and you better have a salvage license or the station you are defending will get mad at you. Weird, But yeah, what you described is wrong too.

I suppose I should echo this over on the Avorion forum so the Devs stand a better chance of seeing it. (Done)

Noted, thanks for reporting.

My pleasure. It's the least I can do for such a great game that has held my interest for so long. I love this game; yes it still needs work, and some bugs need exterminated, but this game is so versatile and fun, that I doubt I'll be moving on any time soon. I do wish for more information from the devs, but working on the game is priority. Again GREAT work, and I look forward to the next as well as each and every update/improvement that drops.

Okay, I know that sounded like I was sucking up or brown-nosing, BUT, it is how I actually and honestly feel, so is it still considered sucking up?