Symmetrical turrets?

ooouuuuuii

I like symmetry. I don't know who doesn't. But my turrets are all unique, so I unintentionally place them in a straight line on the top of my ship. I'd like to put them on the sides of my ship so I can broadside. Is there a way to duplicate turrets (without cheating)? Or do I just have to suck it up and put them unevenly? What would you do in my case?

If it helps, I'm currently moving to Xanion.

You can use custom models for your turrets plus I think you can change the color of the projectiles, so at least the turrets will match in appearance and color.

If you want your turrets to all have the same stats, you can build them in a turret factory. Turret factories can offer some very powerful turrets anyway.

Sometimes the mirror tool works, sometimes it doesn't :-\. It sometimes doesn't work on the same block, it sometimes works in an obtuse and asymmetrical part of the ship.

If you use symmetrical Turret Base blocks, you may put an unused mirror plane (the one which bisects the ship from front to rear - I don't remember which one it is - is a good one since ship rears are usually different than front ::)) on the turret base block, so you'll find the plane on the other side.

Alas, there is no way of making true symmetrical pairs of turrets a la EVE Online, you'll need more M-TCS. Like always :(. Buy all the M-TCS you can find.

Unfortunately there's currently no way to duplicate or reproduce a found turret. The only options are turrets bought in Equipment Docks (which rarely can give something remarkable) or ones built in the Turret Factories (which will require collecting appropriate trading goods).

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah this is something I've always wanted after playing for about a year or two(?) It's kinda bad not having the same "standardized" weapons for a fleet... it would be nice if we could build/replicate certain designs,maybe up to a certain rarety would be good?

Lets be honest, it's a pain in the ass to outfit multiple ships with the same weapons if you dont have access to a weapon's factory. Esp if you want to make a streamlined army of duplicate units.

If the spawned/saved ship could spawn with its original loadouts too would be helpful as well.

Lastly,  making it so that you could change the config to allow the max rarety to be duplicate to exotic, rare, uncommon, etc by the server itself would be appreciated too.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd recommend downloading about 10-20 of the best looking turrets from the workshop then just load them up in turret designer.

The vanilla turrets are ugly.

I use the Eve Rokh (9 slot) ship from the workshop and I use this turret for all my (railgun ) turrets ->

7495DFE29CDB2866D14177BD44E908871C14EAB2

Can confirm. Workshop Turrets are molto bene.

It's already been said by others in this thread, but to clarify: no, you cannot "duplicate Turrets" found in the wild or place them symmetrically unless you happen to find 2 identical Turrets. You will know they're identical because they stack when you look at your Inventory. If they're not stacking, they ain't the same. As has been said, to obtain multiple Turrets of the exact same nature, you'll need to either purchase two of the same at an Equipment Dock, or build them yourself at a Turret Factory.