Server: Read sector file Error after save transfer

ColDisco

Hello!

I tried to transfer a save from a local hostet server to a provider hostet server (g-portal). So I copied the whole folder in galaxies and transfered it to the server.

All player and alliance things are right and are working (except that some dont see others in the alliance). The problem is that everytime you jump to a already vistited or discovered sector the server gets a reading file error of that sector and you land in an empty sector. We wouldnt mind if we would need a new galaxy but we want to keep our ships/players.

https://pastebin.com/utkXnQt2

As you can see in the pastebin there is this read file error for the sector files. after that comes a huge load of code, after that I turned the server down. If I would have continued the same for every try to visit a already visited sector. New unvisited sectors work as intended.

Is there a way to proper load the sectors? It works perfectly if I try to run it local.(its another machine as the original hoster) or is there a way to reset the map for everyone? (best without that everyone needs to give it to a new "player")

Hi,

I have had a look at the logs, it seems to me like it's related to the character-set of the server.

2018-12-03 02-13-56| Data of a loaded sector is at version #·@-Š629VË!½»ÔÄ¿PIÜ‹Të@­GxÔÝ[îuÛqvÆv€Üš¼¶¹îäÁ}H€¼

should be readable.

Take a look at some files on your old server:

torsten@debian:~/.avorion/galaxies/avorion_galaxy/sectors$ cat 98_-134v
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<view numCrafts="2" numWrecks="2" numAsteroids="1033" numStations="1" influence="9.5170002" factionIndex="70" deathLocation="false" manuallyTagged="false">
<coordinates x="98" y="-134"/>
<titles>
	<title str="Smuggler Hideout"/>
</titles>
<wormholes/>
<gates/>
<shipNumbers>
	<ships n="2" faction="70"/>
</shipNumbers>
<shipUuids>
	<ships uuid="bd96cb6a-6e2f-44f5-a0be-a493d07a91d7" faction="70"/>
	<ships uuid="f544b185-e246-4d2f-a526-d96a8e27c756" faction="70"/>
</shipUuids>
</view>

Compare a few files on your old and new server: On your new server you should see another character-set (encoding at the top of the file) in such files (at least, if you visited the sector).

Since the sector-files are usually recognized as text-files, but are binary, I think there was a conversion that broke them. You could simply delete files in the sectors-folder, then copy all files with a "v" in the end (so your map can display stations in the sector and so on).

Everything the players and the alliance owns is saved in other files, you might just need to get into the sector again and you'll get it back. The server should simply generate the deleted sectors again.

Well, you could also copy the old sector-files in binary-mode again (see the manual of scp, ftp or whatever you are using for instructions about that), or you could compress the files (that way everything is binary-data) and decompress on the new server (binary-data shouldn't be corrupted this way).