Hotkey/setting to disable all weapons

Maniac

Suggestion

I'm thinking of a hotkey, like the current "enable all weapons", but to disable them, and an option to load a save with all weapon groups disabled.

Currently, when I load a save, I have to press 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9, if I forget, I fire a whole spread of torpedoes off in some random direction when I try to move the camera. Plus, I just like having my weapons disabled when I'm not using them so I don't accidentally shoot somebody.  Weapon safeties, and all that.

4 answers to this suggestion

with properly configured weapons, why would you need such a function? Instead, just have them code in a switch in the options menu to load game with weapons enabled/disabled?  Would that work for you?

Isn't that what I just asked for? An option in the menu to load with weapons disabled.

The whole point of weapon groups is to be able to turn weapons on and off. If I have 8 torpedo tubes, I might not want to fire ALL of them at the same time. I might also want to turn off my Point Defense cannons when they start shooting at something on the other side of a friendly. Or turn off everything but my mining beams when mining.

While I'm on the topic, I've also run out of weapon group hotkeys. Can we get more? With the ability to have up to 10 torpedo tubes, well, that's all the hotkeys used up all ready.