Asteroid Consumer

Chopper032

Turret rotation blocks will be necessary as they lock the turret into firing into a certain direction.

For uniform turrets I suggest you make them in a turret factory and put bonuses to range, so you can chew big asteroids. I believe mining turret range increases when closer to the galaxy center. Further into the game you may be able to chew the big asteroids as well!

I suggest you build a working ship first out of titanium and fit it with titanium-grade turrets. When moving to better resources and upgrading your turrets you can just scale the ship bigger (in accordance to the max range of your turrets) and change it's material with the "Modify entire ship" tool.

Keep in mind though that it's quite probable that AI will not be able to mine with this design at all, so it's only fitting for your personal use. It is a cool design though. Best of luck in your endeavour.

Wow! That's a cool idea! I'm definitely trying that sometime.

I went to the build menu to test it out and here's what I've got for you:

- You must use "rotation lock" blocks (they have little crosses all over).

- You need to put blocks behind the lasers' paths because the opposite turrets don't stop the beams.

- You need to rotate the turrets just like you would with a normal block. I didn't know that was possible until now.

Two screenshots:

Red turret has nothing to stop the beam, orange goes through turrets, green has something to block the beam. https://ibb.co/Bjx1PKg

Rotating a turret: https://ibb.co/KFLnvh0

Nachtu is probably correct in saying that the AI probably would not be able to use this design. I hope they're wrong, lol.

• 3 weeks later...