Player ships swapped after moving to server

AreYouReady2Die

Hey all, fairly noob at server issues and old as hell...  Anyways my group has been playing on a nondedicated server of one of us while playing for awhile..  Last night I decided to get a dedicated server through nodecraft and thought I was doing fine by deleting the  pre-generated Galaxy, and replacing it with the non dedicated Galaxy files that we have been using for weeks, and it worked.

however when we logged in no one had the right ships, it flipped who had what and some didn't have anything..  I ended up with the leaders stuff..  he ended up with nothing..  it's probably something stupid, anyone have a idea?  Unfortunately don't have alot of info because we said screw it and restarted fresh but still have original save that we'd prefer to use...

Hi,

Last night I decided to get a dedicated server through nodecraft and thought I was doing fine by deleting the  pre-generated Galaxy, and replacing it with the non dedicated Galaxy files that we have been using for weeks, and it worked.

however when we logged in no one had the right ships, it flipped who had what and some didn't have anything..  I ended up with the leaders stuff..  he ended up with nothing.. 

which files did you copy to the server? Sounds like the player-database was missing/corrupted... The logfiles of the server would be a great help.

How did you transfer the files to the server? Using FTP? Did you use compression (zip-archive or anything like that)?

Did you take a look at the servers character-encoding/charset and the character-encoding/charset of your savegame?

FTP has modes for binary-transfer and text-transfer - in text-mode FTP tries to keep the files readable, but that's bad for binary files...