Server-side restriction on material levels/zones

Sindroms

Good day, gents.

We are running a server with around 15-20 people and have decided on a system that would allow us to co-op together without rushing too far ahead of everyone else.

We would restrict ourselves to certain materials per week, starting from iron/titanium and then having each next week ''unlock'' access to the next material zones.

While a gentleman's agreement is nice, I was wondering if it was possible to artificially restrict materials/galaxy zone ranges serverside to prevent players from either entering certain coordinates/coordinate ranges or from using/mining certain materials.

Hi,

While a gentleman's agreement is nice, I was wondering if it was possible to artificially restrict materials/galaxy zone ranges serverside to prevent players from either entering certain coordinates/coordinate ranges or from using/mining certain materials.

well, I think you can't restrict areas and materials directly. But you could use the server-settings to restrict all players in ship-volume. That way they would need to run, if they are moving too far into the center.

There is one more possibility: You could make your own MOD, that calculates the distance to the center and makes your players pay, if they move too far into the center. An ingame mail-notification would be possible, too.