Turret Calculator Tool

ThePhoenix007

I got tired of figuring out how many laser compressors I needed to build out 6 Exceptional Mining lasers(or any other turret type for that matter), so I built a calculator tool.

Its done using JSFiddle (so you don't have to download anything and you can keep it up on the second screen while you play). 

Source is displayed, so you can copy/modify it however you want it (its built using react/jsx)

It does NOT figure in tech level or material.  I simply do not have the math, otherwise I would allow you to enter tech level to calculate min materials, etc.

If you have any bug/suggestions, etc, please send me a PM.

Here's the fiddle: https://jsfiddle.net/ThePhoenix007/0aLwcn7m/199/

Enjoy

• 1 month later...

Wow, thats a good base for a potentially useful tool.

I always had troubles to calculate exact numbers, so I've ended up by multiplying everything by 1000. In this regards, one improvement would be to be able to write number of turrets directly, maybe between (-) and (+), so I don't have to press (+) thousand of times :D

Hmm, thinking about it, I always wondered if I will have enough cargo for all these materials. Searching up the cargo size for each material and considering this in calculation, hmm, that was the hardest part and I wanted to have a such tool to help me out.

And I've noticed 2 things: one is Target Systems, which I sometimes add and are not in your fiddle, and second this is the credit cost of a turret (which could be an another number input for your math tool).

• 2 weeks later...
It does NOT figure in tech level or material.  I simply do not have the math, otherwise I would allow you to enter tech level to calculate min materials, etc.

What do you mean, Like you do not know what the resource costs are?  Because if that is the issue it would be a fairly easy fix.

the wiki  Lists off all the "base value" numbers (including the "variance"  ranges.  AKA the amount you can modify the turrets stats.) and because the values never actually change in game, you could just go to any factory and manually record the numbers for each tier.    (unless im missing somthing)

If there is serious interest in adding that feature I could go pull your numbers for you even.