Just a funny experience with silly faction relations!

SneakyTacts

July 13/14: I just want to check if editing a post brings it to the top of the page and makes the font white for "unread posts" at the main page.

Just something funny that I just experienced: I was playing around with the developer cheat command and I ended up summoning a few dozen military ships of a faction I liked. Then I created a few turret stations to see if I could get lucky. Some of them were natural enemies of this good faction so they died. I had no luck, so I created another resource station so I can split my resources into two giant groups of 30 minute-loads (the new mining is rewarding!).

Eventually, I created a bunch of pirates, raiders, and xsotan ships. Everything became total chaos. I was running at 15 FPS, lol. When the [space] dust cleared a bit, I realized that some stations were being blown to bits and among the unfortunate stations was my cheated resource station that had 1.5 million resources! They must've been hit in the crossfire and in misses so their relations dropped. I couldn't bare to lose so many resources so I cheated-in some repair turrets and swapped some upgrades to smack on 20 turrets each making 700 points of repairs for shield and hull--that's 14000 per second in total! Despite the fact that my nice faction had xsotan, pirates, and other stations to destroy, the dozens they were were savagely obliterating my resource station, lol. I managed to recover my precious loud of resources 10 minutes later with 70% hull strength on that station, but it was intense, haha.

These cheats are fun to spawn "pirate"s, especially, because they group up in the center so I only must point in one spot to wreck 8 at a time! Here it is, but DO NOT RUIN YOUR GAME by making things too easy. You'll might not ever enjoy the game again, and this is coming from someone who has abused cheats in other games. Also be careful with certain suspicious buttons and by that I mean don't actually break your game, too, haha. Other than being able to spawn all bosses, enemies, stations, and ship classes, these can also be summoned: each system, random torpedoes, groups of turrets, all events, rifts, gates (?), asteroids, and each of the hundred or so types of goods.

/run Entity():addScript("lib/entitydbg.lua")

/addcrew    -    This is another useful command, in case you haven't discovered it. It's enabled in creative mode, as far as I know. I don't know how knowledgeable you all are so forgive me if these two are well known among you experienced forum users, lol.

Thanks for reading! : )