Own trading station not trading?

Varthar

Hi all. So, I built a trading station for my alliance (playing alone/with a friend), and well, it has 0 stock of every good, offers 0 credits for everything it can buy and asks 0 credits of everything it can sell. It's been floating there uselessly for at least 5+ hours, I haven't seen any trader approaching it, but why should them if it doesn't offer anything..

I have 2 asteroid stations and one solar power plant in the same sector and they do produce and sell to the traders that come looking for goods, (although they still offer 0 for what they can buy).

I recently created a Turret factory (all in the same sector) and it also offers 0 stock of its goods, for 0 money each.. although that one is still new..

There are no traders stuck in asteroids, in fact I tried turning the asteroid mines and solar plant off and no traders appeared at all. The station does have docking blocks and a cargo space of about 80k. And some assembly blocks just in case.

If anyone has any idea of what may be the problem, I'd appreciate it. Thx for reading anyway :p.

• Boxelware Team

So I took your galaxy and tried for myself: The selling and buying for 0 credits is normal, as you as the player that belongs to the alliance the station belongs to are supposed to be able to take trading goods as needed without paying.  You have lots of stations with 0 stock of something, but none have 0 capacity.  So for me it looks like everything is working as intended.

What does the flushtrader.lua file do that you added to the server? Is that maybe the problem, why no traders come to your trading post to sell goods?

The  flushtrader.lua is a script/mod I added later in case it could help (added it a couple of hours after waiting for the trading post to start trading). It deletes all traders in the sector when typing /flushtraders, but they come back shortly, at least to the mines/solar plant as usual..

Ok, I now understand that the 0 selling and buying is normal, but both trading posts (and turret factory) have 0 stock of everything since I first built them, I've never seen a trader going their way either. Do I have to fill them up manually with the goods they buy for them to start selling and attracting traders?

Thx for the help btw.

Ok, I now understand that the 0 selling and buying is normal, but both trading posts (and turret factory) have 0 stock of everything since I first built them, I've never seen a trader going their way either. Do I have to fill them up manually with the goods they buy for them to start selling and attracting traders?

Hi,

at least the trading posts should buy everything that's on the buy-tab from traders - except the prices aren't good.

BTW @cepheni: Shouldn't buy&sell tabs be swapped for the the owner of a trade station? That way mods like Goodshauler could deliver items to sell and get stuff that is needed elsewhere in the sector.

I'm not sure about the turretfactory, it offers its' customers to sell goods, so it shouldn't buy those (cheaper) from traders.