Looking for Enemy Size scaling.

SnakeWildlife

Hey there!  Gotta say i love this game, been playing it for a long time now, but after playing on servers at Insane Difficulty iv come to realise that once i have gotten so far, enemies just cannot compete with players who are wised up to how the game works.

I saw a enemy scaling mod which makes enemies up to 10x the size they used to be, which better prevents players from simpy one-shotting them at avorion stage...but this mod is out of date.

Does anybody (for the latest version) have a way in which i can significantly up the scale and size of enemies? I want to have fun again in Avorion but no matter which options i play with, its just too easy and i feel like i have no way to push the settings much, much higher.

A difficulty bar Beginner-to-Insane just isnt sufficient enough for me to customize and increase the challenge.

I would love a few things to be honest with you:

A. Ship population/density in zones. (100%/200%/500%/1000%)

B. Enemy Size Scaling (100%/500%/3000%/10000%)

C. Enemy Turret# Multiplier (allowing enemies to break turret limits)

Just ideas of course, but the current difficulty slider, which only changes numerical things, doesnt rly help the actual challenge much at all.

If you tell me which mod is outdated, I'll take a look. No promises - but if it's not to complex a mod, I could probably update it.

As for the "I would love a few things to be honest" section, I'm sure most people would love that - even the developers - but the way the game works right now, the number of objects the game keeps track of - bullets, each and every block in each and every ship, every block in every station/asteroid/wreck, every dust cloud/satellite/loot object - it would make the most advanced chip choke to do what you ask. On top of that you have multiplayer, and every byte in the objects I just described would need to be communicated to every other player - plus ping, plus lag, plus plus plus - I'm sure the developers will pack as much in as possible - but you need to keep your expectations within reason.

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php?topic=4353.0

An example post.

I strongly believe in this game that enemy ship volume needs a big increase, in order to make the battle last longer than 1 second.

I mean, that or all weapons needs to be reduced in damage.

Fights end far too fast in Avorion. No point launching fighters if Rail and Lightning ends the entire game, tearing the fabric of challenge completely away.

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php?topic=4353.0

An example post.

I strongly believe in this game that enemy ship volume needs a big increase, in order to make the battle last longer than 1 second.

I mean, that or all weapons needs to be reduced in damage.

Fights end far too fast in Avorion. No point launching fighters if Rail and Lightning ends the entire game, tearing the fabric of challenge completely away.

So I took a look at the relevant file in the mod you linked, and since your primary concern is about volume, it'll probably be easier if I show you what that mod changed, then you can change the numbers yourself to find the right balance.

To start with, the file you need to open is located in

Avorion/data/scripts/lib/

and the file name is

galaxy.lua

Before opening, make a copy of the file and rename it

galaxy.lua.orig

or something to that affect.

Once you have that open scroll down to

line 73

:

return shipVolume

The mod simply multiplied

shipvolume

by 2:

return shipVolume * 2

The next change is on

line 132

:

function Balancing_GetEnemySectorTurretsUnrounded(x, y)
    return Balancing_GetSectorTurretsUnrounded(x, y) * 1.5
end

The mod changed

to

:

function Balancing_GetEnemySectorTurretsUnrounded(x, y)
    return Balancing_GetSectorTurretsUnrounded(x, y) * 6
end

This essentially increases the number of turrets ships have, and the location of the change, inside the function Balancing_GetEnemySectorTurretsUnrounded, means it only affects 'enemy' ships.

The last change is made on

line 179

:

local maximumHP = Balancing_GetSectorShipHP(0, 0)

The mod changed the value of maximumHP by dividing by 2:

local maximumHP = Balancing_GetSectorShipHP(0, 0) / 2

This change is related to the first change, since a ships volume plays a role in it's total hp.

This is where you can tweak how much of a 'bullet sponge' you want enemies to be: divide by 2,3,4 etc to make them softer, multiply by 2,3,4 to make them tougher (or any value in between) Keep in mind that the function Balancing_GetSectorShipHP already multiplies the volume of the ship by 4 to get the HP value, so even dividing it by 2 still means it has twice as much HP.

You can tweak any of the number listed here or even in the rest of the file (make sure to make a backup) to find something that suits you.

Mate, you are a legend.

See this is why i love this game and its community, you dont shunt people away or get cocky with 'lol this nub doesnt know anything', you helped me learn,  you were nice about it, and now i can help others by passing on that knowledge. Ty @Mp70 !