Mac?

mason531

I thought I heard news of Mac OS X versions in development, but I couldn't find anything about that. Here is what I did find:

Koonschi, a developer, made this post from January in 2017, saying,

Mac support is definitely something we want.... We have to get a machine to build and test it on. Will most likely happen further down the road.

link:

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php?topic=608.0 I don't know how to make text-links, sorry!

Their old kickstarter page from before 2016 (probably 2014?) promised this if it reached 20,000 Euros in donations (it reached 16,000 of the goal of 15,000):

20.000€ - Mac Support: Basically, the only things keeping us from doing a mac version is time and hardware. With your funds, we'll be able to get the hardware necessary for mac development and the time to concentrate on porting the game to this platform.

link:

I don't know how to make text-links, sorry!

The wiki's roadmap does not mention "Mac", sadly. Although, I do not know if a developer wrote this page--which would make it truly "official".

link:

Here is a tip: when searching on Google, use "quotation marks" to only show results with that exact phrase or word. It's not cap-sensitive. Also, use -dashes- to exclude all results with the following word. Example search: "hello" -adele will hide all results relating to Adele's song while still searching for "hello". If you didn't have the -adele part, you would find the song as the top result. Another tip: use control+f or command+f to search a page.