Impossible Shape?

Lyzak

Ever since the addition of the twisted corner, I've been excitedly exploring all the shapes and figures I've been unable to build previously. However, this one's still stumping me (see attachment). I cannot seem to completely fill in a uniform octagonal bevel without theoretical recursive use of smaller and smaller corner blocks. Does anyone know if it's possible to create this shape? Either using the same blocks, or different ones? I'm not interested in a perfect volumetric fill inside; only that the outer surface is complete.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, this issue seems to have a frustratingly simple solution but I see none!

Here is one solution I found that satisfies most of your conditions. Notice that it seamlessly connects the two angles of the octagon in exchange for giving a little edge on the flat sides. I used corner 1 and corner 2. I made the z value (depth) .67 in size because the big edge is 2x2y while the little edge is 2 units away and is 1x1y, forming a cube 3x3y2z.

https://imgur.com/o6u6QwN

I wish Microsoft would make it easier to convert pictures into lower quality while keeping certain characteristics! I had to settle on this.

Ah, yeah, this was one of the experiments I did while originally trying to make this shape. However, it's not a uniform bevel (the corner diagonal has more than 4 sides while the other edges only have 4).