Inside the core. An idea of story and mechanics. (+factory ships)

Sir Charles

Suggestion

Hello there,

its me again, spamming suggestions as usual ;)

How I got here (skip this part if you just clicked for the idea):

I had a cool idea on a new ship, which was supposed to be a moving factory. A Flying Fortress, traveling through space in search of resources, goods and costumers for the produced goods. At the same time I was very unstatisfied with the current state of the galactic core. It should be much more dominated by the Xsotan and much less like the regions outside. I also thought about what the survivors, the inhabitants of the core would look like, how they would have adapted to this envoironment.

So two ideas came into my mind:

1. there should be two types of factions in the core. Insanely heavy armed, very powerful ones with extreme military presence and heavily armed ships and stations on one hand. And Nomade-like factions, traveling from one sector to another avoiding the Xsotan at any cost. And here comes the second idea in.

2. Ships that do the same things as stations. Like „Processor factory ship“ and stuff like that. The Nomade factions would use those and this feature would only be possible with Avorion production blocks (mabye a legendary special upgrade as well that Nomade factions would give you for certain quests). These would allow for the production of one trading good at a time, that can be chosen by the player (mabye a change would have some kind of cost?). Of course this production would be less efficient than at a station in some way.

Why should this be added?

-it fits the lore

-offers great new possibilities for players who don’t like to settle in one sector

Isn’t the clear difference between stations and ships an important aspect of the game?

Yes, it is! That’s why I won’t it to be an Avorion-only feature, so it will offer new possibilities to players who got nothing else to do anyways. Avorion is all about doing what you like and playing how you want to. There is no point in restricting players to stations for production in the end game, where they can easily afford any stations they want anyways...

Another thought I had and that I don’t want to open an extra slot for:

Equipment-Docks at the very Start of the Game are selling fighters... FIGHTERS. Those shiny little thing that you need Trini to use. Please add Titanium and Naonite Hangars, the production  of own fighters should still be limited to Trinium and higher tho.

That’s all for now. I hope the devs share my mind :)

1 answer to this suggestion

I just had another thought on commodities and how their only real purpose is turret construction.

With the ability to produce them by ourselfs, it is a lot less complicated (in terms of gameplay and micromanagement i mean) to have commodities actually needed for different tasks.

Paint would be needed to paint the ship, food for the crew, fuel for a specific new engine block that is more powerfull than the old one (or just to enable boosting or mabye to extend hyperspace jump range of the ship etc... ).

As pointed out by several users across the forums, commodities should either have an actual function or be reduced to a less complicated amount. I think both is fine, as long is the issue is treated.