Torpedo Builder

fordhamflash

I cannot figure out how to upload this mod to the workshop.

In any event, here is my first official mod. It's actually part of a bigger project, but it can stand alone as well.

You can use the mod to pick any type of torpedo you want -- select the Torpedo Type and the Warhead Type as well torpedo shaft.

There is a lua for the data/scripts/commands folder, one for the data/scripts player folder and one for the data/scripts/lib folder.

To run, type /torpedobuilder in the chat console. A torpedo icon will appear in the upper right.

I will be posting a version where you can completely customize the torpedoes as well.

TorpedoBuilder.zip

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds excellent! I've always wanted a Torpedo-building mechanic since I've played From the Depths and that's one of the most fun parts of that game to me -- the pure, raw customisation of everything.

Regarding uploading to Workshop, read this.

P.S.

May I recommend creating a System Module Upgrade that adds this functionality, instead of a command? Commands feel very hacky to use, and you can forget about how they work again in this huge, huge game. SMUs instantly make your mod feel like it's part of the Universe proper. ;)