Mixxed up the seed on the server - will we have serious issues?

iDoom

Hi Everyone

So we started a game on a local host. One of us hosted the others joined.

Now we decided to rent a server.

So i uploaded the gallaxy onto the Nitrado server. Somehow (i think its because of the webinterface seed setting) we startet the gallaxy but with another seed.

Now we were playing a few hourse until we found out that there seemed to be alliances and masssignatures in sectors where there was nothing before.

it does not seem that we now have multiple alliances in one sectore but we have some areas where there are 2 alliances right besides on another without much emty space inbetween.

We checked the seed an found out that it was not the one we had in the local gallaxy.

So i now i put the seed back on the server to what it was on local game.

Will we get issues in the futere? How does the world generater work, does it create all the gallaxy at server start or does it continiously generate more as i discover? Do the alliances and sector files contain information on the seed, so that i could manually remove the ones from the 'wrong' seed?

This is not urgent as we dont see any issues right now (maybe we had no tradings with the wrong seed in our home sectore but im not sure and trading works now)

Thanks

BR

The game will generate each sector as soon as you start calculating the jump route into that sector, which means a change of seed should affect only sectors that haven‘t been explored yet.

This is all I can say about that topic, I can’t tell much about the other questions.

• Boxelware Team

When the galaxy is created all factions and sectors are basically planned with its seed. The content of the sectors is dependent on the seed itself. What you see there might also be a change we introduced, where faction territories now have much higher reach.

You shouldn't run into any issues and can continue playing. All new sectors discovered will be off the new seed :)