Alliance ship cannot buy from alliance factories

Gorbald

Steps to reproduce:

(0. found an alliance)

1. Build a factory that belongs to your alliance (I tested this on turbine factory)

2. Put all the ingredients there, or wait for NPC traders to supply it with ingredients

3. Build an alliance ship that has a cargo bay, captain and trading system

4. Option A: Dock with the ship to the factory manually and try to buy some produced goods

Option B: Order the ship to buy 1 produced good from the galaxy map view

Expected behavior:

Produced goods get bought (for free of course)

Actual behavior:

Option A: the buy button in trading menu looks as if it's being clicked, but does nothing

Option B: if the ship has transporter software and block, it flies to the factory and then just stands there. If not, then it repeats the blue and yellow "docking beam" animation (probably indefinitely).

Unfortunately no message appears in server or client logs when this happens.

This bug makes creating "production chains" very difficult, especially on servers that have fighters disabled or limited (cargo shuttles cannot be used instead of captain-flown ships that haul goods between factories)

Unfortunately this is not deterministic. I reproduced it on a public server and in my own "creative mode" galaxy, but then on that public server it mysteriously started working again when I logged in after an hour or so. Sorry that I can't provide more useful info :/

I now have several factories, and this behaviour is pretty much random. At one time buying from first factory works and from second factory does not work, and the next day it's the other way around. Hopefully you'll be able to reproduce it.

Thanks! I think the culprits are the  "buy goods from others" and "sell goods to others" options in the factory settings. I noticed that if "sell goods to others" is turned on, then alliance ships buy the goods. I think there is some logical bug that causes the game to think that ships from the same alliance are "others".