Locating Your Own Wreckage

limitednaja02

My first ship got destroyed by pirates in a sector very far from my "home" sector.  I managed to jump back to where the unfortunate circumstance occurred but I can't find the wreck of my first ship or any of the stuff it dropped.  I have nothing except a couple salvage turrets since all my stuff was on the ship that died.  At this point, if there isn't some way for me to locate my original ship's wreck, I might as well delete the galaxy and start over, since I will be in a much better place equipment-wise if I do that.

Try zooming out far, then angling the camera so that asteroids and figures are silhouettes against the star. This is what I do to find special asteroids or recent wrecks in a system, but I’ve never tried it for my own wrecks because I haven’t died yet. Since you’ve already been looking for the wreck for a while, whatever upgrades and turrets it initially dropped must have already despawned.  : (

Alternatively, you could cheat by pasting a command in the chat box to get random upgrades of certain types. If you’re interested,  tell me and I’ll paste it here for you. It’s simple to use, but you shouldn’t use it if you’re uncomfortable with the idea because it will ruin your feeling in that galaxy.

Edit: I just died in a new galaxy for my first time but all my items seem to be safe! Upgrades and turrets are still installed where they were. It’s all thanks to the repair token.