Module TO DETECT SPECIAL OBJECTS

limitednaja02

How does it work? I get a "!" message that there are special objects in the sector, but I don´t know how to find them?

Also, in general, I do not understand how to find or follow up those "!" messages, e.g. "distress signal".

Depending on the quality level of the C43 Object Detector you are using it will scan for the objects within a certain range, i.e. 5 kilometers around your ship. So you basically fly around the sector looking for a white direction arrow/target indicator to appear on your screen.

However, I believe common and poor C43 Object Detectors don't have any actually scanning range; this feature is probably only there at uncommon (green) level and above.

As for the messages you receive - like distress signals - those appear in sectors around you on the galactic map. If you open it and look around you'll see them (though some may be quite a few sectors away).

What I've found with regards to those is that there appears to be some sort of time limit, at least for the ones that are genuine. If you react quickly, there will actually be traders that are being attacked by pirates in that sector, whereas waiting for too long will only land you in a pirate trap. At least that's what it appears to be like based on my recent playtime.

Oh, and I think all missions like distress signals should also show up in your mission log (press "i" and look for the symbol with a ! marker, iirc). Each entry should then have the corresponding coordinates as well.

You think the time it takes to respond relates to the authenticity? I’ve got to try!

This is something I only noticed because I pretty much ignored most distress calls for several dozen hours. Whenever I did respond to one, it was long after it had been sent. During that time all of them were actually pirates lying in wait for an unsuspecting victim.

However, when I started responding more quickly, I started seeing actual traders under attack from the pirates. Considering how often this happened when responding right away compared to not seeing any of this before, it would seem likely that there is a connection here.