Not being able to "modify" the productions lua.

Gobolino

Hi!. I know this is not a programming board, but I'm kinda desperate and frustrated here. =/

This all started reading that you can "add" stations by modding the productionsindex.lua

So great, I thought... in my game (SP) I have a trading port with too many drones and drones can only be sold to

another one and as their goods that buy/sell are random, I literally have 158 sectors with trading ports... NONE buys me.

So I went... ok, I have this mine, this TP that sells drones... okey, maybe I can get something useful from it. (transforming "ore" into "materials ore").

And here started my nightmare...

After trying and trying and trying, I came up with this code:

table.insert(productions, {factory="${good} Factory ${size}", ingredients={{name="Drone", amount=5, optional=0}, {name="Ore", amount=1, optional=0}, {name="Food Bar", amount=1, optional=0}}, results={{name="Mining Robot", amount=1}}, garbages={{name="Xanion Ore", amount=70}}})

Why Mineral Robots?, because it had everything (ingredients, results and garbage).

Made a mod with that, started the game, open up the ~dev debug menu and there, in the factories, there is the "last one", mine!. (checked too trying to "build one" with a founder able ship).

Everything good until now... I click the button, spawn one.... and it adds a "Vanilla" Mineral Robots....

After trying a bit, I just went with a "modified" Mineral Robots, just in case the "ore" was the one blocking it:

table.insert(productions, {factory="${good} Factory ${size}", ingredients={{name="Drone", amount=1, optional=0}, {name="Ore", amount=1, optional=0}, {name="Food Bar", amount=1, optional=0}}, results={{name="Mining Robot", amount=1}}, garbages={{name="Scrap Metal", amount=1}}})

As you see, it's EXACTLY a copy of the vanilla one, just with the ingredients modified. (there are a lot of "duplicates" with different ingredients in the lua, so what I did was not much different?).

Did the same... and....

it again spawns a "normal" vanilla one...

Ok... maybe if I can change it again, so I did this:

table.insert(productions, {factory="${good} Farm ${size}", ingredients={{name="Drone", amount=1, optional=0}, {name="Ore", amount=1, optional=0}, {name="Food Bar", amount=1, optional=0}}, results={{name="Mining Robot", amount=1}}, garbages={{name="Scrap Metal", amount=1}}})

So, it's now a farm... (and I wanted to know if I was clicking the right button). Did all again and *YES*, in the ~dev menu, it SAYS: "Mining Robot Farm".

Good.... click on it... it spawns the vanilla one AGAIN.

BUT!!!... the actual station that spawned, says: "Mining Robot Factory".

So, the line is being read well (shows in the ~dev as Farm) but the actual station that it creates, it's the normal one.

Ok, maybe if I try something that's not in the lua by default, something like this:

table.insert(productions, {factory="${good} Mine ${size}", ingredients={{name="Drone", amount=1, optional=1}, {name="Food Bar", amount=35, optional=0}, {name="Ore", amount=5, optional=0}}, results={{name="Xanion Ore", amount=12}}, garbages={{name="Trinium Ore", amount=1}}})

Great, in the ~dev, it shows "Xanion Ore Mine", click on it and YES!, it spawns a mine with the name of "Xanion Ore Mine"

but of course when I try to trade goods with it to see if it worked at last.... and this:

Of course it doesn't "produce" anything... and it demands the same things as other mines.

Now, in the SAME sector, I have a Cooper and a Zync mine, and they DO produce, they do work well...

Back in 2017, there was this: https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php?topic=4049.0

And in there, it says: "But when you add new stations to to productionsindex.lua, you do not need to add them anywhere else. The game automaticly creates factories from all stations in productionsindex.lua."

So... I just CAN'T imagine, what's wrong... =(