Fighter mod options

WSY

Are we able to mod anything about fighters?

With all the ships afterburning around fighters really cannot keep up.

Is there a way too either:

Give fighters an afterburner ability or temporary speed boost until they are say in weapons range?

Or

Possibly change their behavior to that of a torpedo to close distance then switch back to fighter behavior.

Even if it took fighter carrier commands to change their state it would be preferable I think to what we have now.

If it is possible, and someone could provide an example, happy to do the balance of numbers and extra work etc myself.  I'm good at reverse engineering code, but do not have the skill level to know what is possible through code innovation.

Thanks!

Hi,

you can find cost related stuff in Steam/steamapps/common/Avorion/data/scripts/lib/inventoryitemprice.lua - I'd suggest to change just prices for fighters, not turrets, if you want to reduce build-time and material-costs.

For fighters from a factory, you can change bonus-points and so on in Steam/steamapps/common/Avorion/data/scripts/entity/merchants/fighterfactory.lua:

local maxPoints = 9 -- line 33

function FighterFactory.addMaterialBonuses(material, sizePoints, durabilityPoints, turningSpeedPoints, velocityPoints) -- line 637...

if material.value == MaterialType.Iron then

-- iron grants extra size points

sizePoints = sizePoints + 4

Thank you unbekannt1984.

This will be good as I will want to look at those values as well.

I know we can change dodge count too and I have that somewhere.

While giving a fighter more speed (from points) is good I was hoping to also make their speed dynamic somehow.

A flat speed boost, while enabling them to get to a target quickly, means unless that target is flying away from them, lowers their time on target. Fighters are either stopped or max speed. The only time I have seen this change a little bit I think is when they are docking.  I could be imagining this though.

Curious if I could get some interesting behavior if I mess with turning speed and crank velocity. Used to get the the AI to do some really cool stuff in homeworld by change just rotation, roll and braking values.