Server talking to itself?

Z0N3R

So on Avorion in my creative server which has been up for about a year now.

One of my ships suddenly started speaking German with bubble text and appears in the chat as the 'server' speaking.

No idea why or for what reason but it did.

And removing the ship in question just seemed to make something else start talking anyways.

It's not just a single session issue either, if I close and re-host the server the problem remains.

Did initially pin it on one of the admins but it was still occurring long after they left.

And they claim they're innocent which I'm starting to believe.

Anyone got any ideas as to whats going on?

And how to stop it?

Screenshots are linked via Imgur below:

https://i.imgur.com/LtZolan.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ghhi5Qi.jpg

Haha, I don’t believe that’s a bug. There must be a way for  the admins to do that.

Well I did alot of looking there isn't alot about ships talking randomly in general.

It really perplexes me cause even when the server is put in a state where it's only me, It still happens.

Hmm, I'm as clueless as you are. Perhaps you should report it as a bug here or in-game? Copying and pasting your message here should be good, but don't forget to add a few more details (server version, mods...). On second thought, don't report it as a bug if there are mods, or do post but only if you can name exactly all mods active.

Hmm, I'm as clueless as you are. Perhaps you should report it as a bug here or in-game? Copying and pasting your message here should be good, but don't forget to add a few more details (server version, mods...). On second thought, don't report it as a bug if there are mods, or do post but only if you can name exactly all mods active.

Can do if you point me to the right place, Although the server is always latest beta release no mods.

• 3 years later...

Necro, but I know how to fix this.  It's just default chat text when you attach entitydbg.lua to your ship to access the dev menu and you then test the speech bubbles.  You need to remove the dev script from the entity speaking the german using this:

/run Entity():removeScript("data/scripts/entity/utility/radiochatterdialog.lua")

If that doesn't work, check the path - you might need to take off data/ or scripts/.  I tested all three and I know one of them is what stopped it, I'm just getting into the modding side of Avorion and not sure of the root path the game uses for them in the LUA files.

Edited by inquiesco
Clarity.