Horrible FPS In Game

BeBox
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hello! This is an issue I've had before and I was never able to come to a fix for it after working with developers but I hope maybe a fix has come to it since the last time I tried to work it out. For maybe the past year I've gotten 15 (max) fps in game (in populated systems), 30 in asteroid fields (max) and 56 in completely empty systems (no ships, stations or asteroids), and it makes it totally unplayable and just awful overall. I love the game and have been able to play it before hand without the lag issues but I really want to play again. To reproduce it I just simply load into a previous world (that I had before fps issues) or create a new one, either way I get low fps.

System Specs:

16 GB RAM

GTX 1060 6GB

AMD FX-8370 Eight Core Processor 4.00 GHz

Windows 10

serverlog_2019-12-30_12-09-40.txt

clientlog_2019-12-30_12-08-42.txt

I just started playing Avorion a couple of days ago and I had also terrible fps and horrible lag that usually started after a pirate/alien fight happen or some serious building.

I tried to just restart the game, that worked okay until next fight or heavy building and then all goes bad again. Tried a clean installation of Avorion, same bad fps and lag once a fight or some custom building was done.

By curiosity, I tried to OPT IN to the latest beta version instead and now ALL problems are gone. So the v0.30 will probably fix this  issues. So please try to opt in to the beta by right click on the game in steam  -> properties -> beta -> choose "Beta Newest changes" in the dropdown and let steam download the updates for Avorion.

Before I opted in to the beta, when Avorion started to lag and drop all fps it used between 9-12 GB of RAM, now it never uses more than maybe 4 GB and my FPS keeps steady around 90-120 on

CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ @ 4x 3.5GHz

GPU: GeForce GTX 1060

RAM: 16 GB

And all settings between medium-high.

I feel like I should add this on, I just set the BETA to most recent and had no changes so I decided just to set it to 0.21.4 and as expected no changes. I've been through FAQ and tried everything there aswell and nothing came of it.

So just a quick couple questions

Why did you roll back to 0.21 for beta? Trying get to version before fps issues?

Do you have other games that work fine? Can you state what those games are? Odd question but just want to make sure it's game specific.

Have you updated graphic card drivers Recently? When you update, do you let Nvidia driver installer do a clean update?

Have you tried joining a public server with current stable release? While I suspect a client performance issue, joining a public server would help alleviate suspicians of your local machine acting as the "host" as a potential issue.

Thanks!

I rolled back to try to get a version that I possibly had before I had any FPS issues.

I play CS:GO and the new Modern Warfare quite frequently (minimum 3 hours a day). In the past I played Fortnite a lot and ARK: Survival Evolved (Which if you're unaware is very system heavy) I have/had no problems running any of these games on all max settings. I also play LEGO Universe ~ DLU Branch but that's a once yearly thing.

I updated my drivers 2 days ago, and yes I do let Nvidia do a clean update.

I also have never joined a server, but I just did to test your theory and there were still no changes, 15 max fps.

So it looks like we have game specific and down to client specific.

Your hardware should be doing better then the fps you are getting, especially if you are.playing other games at good graphic settings at decent fps. In my experience in these situations it is usually a piece of software,  specific to what you have running in background that causes this issue with a specific game when everything else is running ok.

Not always, but usually.

My recommendation is to try the old clean boot.  So only essential windows services and drivers are loaded. (Not safe mode).

Basically standard startup but with non of the extras.

(BEFORE DOING CLEAN BOOT, I posted again with a few things you check and try before hand below.)

Full disclaimer: only do it if your confident and know what your doing. Dont be offended, I just have no idea of your PC knowledge level, you also may have done this already or know more than me- but just trying to help. If after clean boot still no go, then could be a bug specific to your PC config.

Clean boot info because I'm too lazy to type it out:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10?amp

Also fair warning, if you overclock hardware etc, may want to make sure the specific softwares for temp control and over clock monitoring are not disabled, or set thing to non overclock in case those very softwares are somehow conflicting. AV software also sometimes gets a little angry and will throw warning that spyware is trying to disable your system.

Lastly if you rely on AV make sure to turn everything back on (also on webpage on how to re-enable everything) before browsing the internet etc.

If still no go, post dx diag and hopefully devs can help out.

I also forgot,

Mouse trails or custom cursors? Sometimes and oddly can cause fps issues.

Any sort of weird dpi scaling set in windows?

Also, sounds odd as well, are you able to log and verify your video card clocks go up when you start the game?

And...can try setting windows mode, full screen, window full screen.