Mining ship help

varmituofm

I'm struggling recently with my mining carrier. I'm flying a carrier with xanion R-Mining fighters. I have an ogonite mining system permanently installed. When I fly the ship manually, it mines fine, clearing everything ogonite and lower. However, when I try to have the AI mine, I sometimes get an error "can't find any asteroids made of titanium or lower." Any ideas how to stop this?

Do you have any mining turrets on the ship itself?  I’ve never tried it without any on the carrier itself, so can’t say for sure if that’s the cause.  I also use the carrier commander mod, so that may make a difference with me, too.

I believe he is correct, if you have a mining turret on your ship that can only mine iron and titanium, then it sets that as the highest minable material.  Maybe just remove all mining turrets and only use fighters? 

Do you have any mining turrets on the ship itself?  I’ve never tried it without any on the carrier itself, so can’t say for sure if that’s the cause.  I also use the carrier commander mod, so that may make a difference with me, too.

I never had mining lasers on the ship. I had some salvage lasers that I took off, and it ran mined for a while, then started back again.  My laser only ship is going fine. If I can find a xanion or better laser, I'll see if that helps.

I never had mining lasers on the ship. I had some salvage lasers that I took off, and it ran mined for a while, then started back again.  My laser only ship is going fine. If I can find a xanion or better laser, I'll see if that helps.

Hmm, I wonder if a Xanion or better of any weapon type would work?