Single Player Session Stuck on Loading.

blingcasper

hey been playing this session for last several days i have about 70 hours of game play, would rather not start over if all possible. earlier today i experienced a situation where the game crashed, i was jumping into another sector. client crashed i closed it and proceeded to reopen. upon trying to reload it i noticed the CPU usage of avorion would spike up to 80-88-90 percent but the server would not load. ultimately the game continues to stay at this point until i proceed to close out the program using task manager. i have attempted to open new Sessions with success,

Here is my client Log:

https://pastebin.com/8W8qXqBm

and Server Log:

https://pastebin.com/zzVWSYKU

Are you using or messing with steam mods by any chance?  I had this issue when switching to/from the beta branch and adding/removing different mods.  I can't remember exactly what I did but once I verified my workshop mods or something it fixed it and I could play on the server again.

https://gyazo.com/765619020c764a50641f924506d33d40

Here is my current list of mods that i been using, i recently added the X3 Resources mod as well. Since your reading your replies, i have attempted several things.

• i have downgraded avorion to the previous beta  branch of 30.2, still doesnt load
  • attempted to lunch without any mods. on 30.2 and 31.2
  • attempted to lunch with out the X3 mod with was recently added. on 30.2 and 31.2

now every now an then while im waiting to on the loading screen i can sometimes here the noises of the game (miner complaining there no asteroid in a sector) a small errk sound where ships are alerting you to things.

is there no way to isolate which mod is causing this issue. or is there a waiting game to see what if any mod gets updated.

also

@

Are you using or messing with steam mods by any chance?  I had this issue when switching to/from the beta branch and adding/removing different mods.  I can't remember exactly what I did but once I verified my workshop mods or something it fixed it and I could play on the server again.

how do you verify Workshop mods?

tried it one more tiem this time i let my CPU climb up as high as it possiby could and let avorion do its thing while loading, took around 5-20 minutes i stepped away. by the time i arrieved i saw press any key to continue. when i did game minimized, then proceeded to load into the game. i was in the middle of a sector surrounded by giant astroids. my ram consumption shot up to 12gbs. i was able to jump away to an empy sector and it seems to be operating smooth atm. guess ill try not to log out in a astroid field next time.

Had same problem:

- Game crashed and after that the single player galaxy wouldnt start

- Stuck on loading one of my single player galaxies

- Other singe player galaxy worked fine

- Multiplayer worked fine

- mods worked fine

My solution:

1. Go to %appdata%\Avorion\galaxies

2. Make a backup copy of the Galaxy you have a problem with

3. Then go to the copied Galaxy,

4. go to sectors

5. delete the the latest modified sectors

6. start the game and the copied galaxy

7. try removing the latest player.dat files, remove latest serv.dat files etc

I fidgetted with the copy of the galaxy like that for a while and got it to work again..jaay