Asteroid respawn

Berkys32

• 3 weeks later...

Unlike EVE, there will be MANY servers. not to mention the sheer number of people that will be playing this solo locally.

The need for a respawn mechanic is not urgent to the game on the whole, but I expect that the Modding community may address this for the dedicated server community.

Unlike EVE, there will be MANY servers. not to mention the sheer number of people that will be playing this solo locally.

The need for a respawn mechanic is not urgent to the game on the whole, but I expect that the Modding community may address this for the dedicated server community.

Already done here: http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,832.0.html

Already done here: http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,832.0.html

Hi! Is there a script to respawn wrecks too?

The best way for resources is definitely with salvage lasers. Those gold blip sectors, frequently-ish have VERY large ships/stations. I found 1 in the centre ring that had 6 or so large ships and 1 station. Salvaged the whole lot and got 4 million Avorion and a few million Ogonite and Xanion.

Would take you a very long time to get that from mining or even from salvaging faction war ships...

I believe, that Asteroids should not respawn, but the barren asteroids should have their rock blocks replaced with rich ore blocks when players are far enough or even outside of the sector. This way you still has a limited supply of resources per sector, you still has mechanics where you need to actively search for ore-rich asteroids and the game doesn't need to replenish the number of objects, but the supply is much greater.

In that way, if you have less than the preset number of ore-bearing asteroids in the sector, the game chooses a barren asteroid 30km+ away from all players and enriches it with ore depending on the asteroid type. If sector is unloaded, the game randomly picks all the barren asteroids it needs to replenish the original population as log as there's any barren asteroids left to begin with.

• 4 weeks later...

Do asteroids still not respawn? While playing single player, on a beta, I "lost connection", when I connected again, I found out that my ship got destroyed. When I got to the wreckage of my ship, it was surrounddt by asteriods that weren't there before.

They are not respawning if you play without mods. If your observations are correct, you should create a bug report in the Bugs forum for the beta version. Don't forget to add the client and server logs of the sessions where you lost the connection and then reconnected.