[0.32.2] Performance Issues

Abrasyve

Pre 0.32.2 versions with the previous ship generator run real smooth. Battles don't impact FPS much and are still playable. I have found that the new generator has caused me some serious performance issues. It runs fine until a battle starts. The framerate drops dramatically and it is pretty erratic. Battles are practically unplayable due to this lag. I would suggest tweaking the new ship and station generator to both scale down a little and reduce block count a LOT. I know some people can probably run it fine without any performance issues but there are a good lot of people who have older PCs and can't run it. I have reverted to 0.31.1 which has solved the problem but I do miss the new generator. My suggestion is to have the new generator scaled down in size and block count in most cases except for maybe a very low chance of a full size ship or station.

I can confirm that larger battles get really laggy at points.  I have a pretty good gaming PC as well. 

However, I don't believe it has anything to do with the block count and scale of fights from the newly generated ships, but rather something else unseen. Ships before the new ship generator update (which is great, great job devs) had equally or possibly even more blocks than current ships.  There were a lot of ship designs previously which had hundreds of small blocks stacked and overlapping with one another, but that didn't affect performance. 

Therefore, ship block count shouldn't be reduced, but rather the underlying issue causing the horrendus lag spikes in large fights needs to be identified and fixed.