Power Bug?

Naggerknife

Not sure how to title this post but I believe I found a bug and Ill try my best to explain it.

So I have a ship that has a warp module on it allowing me to warp 1 sector further and it does take a lot of power to use. So I warped into a bad area and I had no power to use my engine's because the warp module was hogging all my power. So I removed the module and my power filled up almost instantly. I then put the module back on and it let me warp in seconds again. So I believe I might have found a bug when taking off modules that require mass amount of energy then putting them back on very shortly after.

Let me know if this is intended or not!

Thanks,

Naggerknife

That's perfectly normal. You removed a module that uses a lot of power, and as a result your hyperspace engine had enough power to charge very quickly.

So with the module it typically took 2 minutes to jump again cause of recharge time. As soon as I jumped I would remove module and within lets say 15 seconds I would put module back on and it wouldn't require the power recharge time again. So I was skipping the recharge time in theory by doing this.

Assuming Module is one of those Sockatable upgrade items, then heres what I see happening.

Use hyperdrive module, boosts range and power consumption.

Jump

Is in cooldown, recharging. Module increases total capacity, and requires 100% hyperdrive charge to jump.

Remove module. Capacity shrinks to default. Charge is really fast.

Re-add module. Capacity is increased. Charge is stretched/scaled, staying at 100%.

can jump again.

The issue is most likely that when you add the module, it does not force you to charge to to 100% from your current amount. I think.

Assuming Module is one of those Sockatable upgrade items, then heres what I see happening.

Use hyperdrive module, boosts range and power consumption.

Jump

Is in cooldown, recharging. Module increases total capacity, and requires 100% hyperdrive charge to jump.

Remove module. Capacity shrinks to default. Charge is really fast.

Re-add module. Capacity is increased. Charge is stretched/scaled, staying at 100%.

can jump again.

The issue is most likely that when you add the module, it does not force you to charge to to 100% from your current amount. I think.

This is more or less what I was thinking. I'm enjoying it for now though xD