Suggestions on various topics

Radagar

Suggestion

My friends and I have been playing pretty much nothing but Avorion since the release and we've come up with some suggestions:

UI:

Numbers on things would be fantastic, shield, hull hp, velocity, thrust speeds and a vector arrow (the white dots are useful but not ideal) would all be fantastic additions to the UI. Even if they're just options we would really like to have some more numbers available. Also add volume to the building menu so we can see how we're doing working toward another module slot a bit easier.

Also:

-Easier to see other players, unique brackets or something

-If they're friends have them show on the galaxy map

-The ability to set waypoints

Ship parts:

Turrets - I think it'd be neat to have more utility type turrets on top of the damaging options. Things that can drain the battery out of opposing ships or snare them in a gravity well. Amplify the mass so they don't handle as well.

Mods - I'd also like to see mods for specific classes of weapons so just adding more turrets isn't the only option. You could have highly specialized ships by focusing on certain weapon systems over others with the benefits and weaknesses that go along with it. The same could be done for mining/salvaging turret mods and fighters.

Examples of weapon system mods (could apply to fighter weapons too):

Chainguns - Ionized Rounds: Increased +% Shield Pen -% Damage

Bolter Turrets - Rocket Assisted Shells: +% Projectile Speed +% Heat Generation

Plasma Bolter - Unstable Plasma Matrice: % of damage as AOE -% Rate of Fire

Lasers - 0K Cooling System: +% Rate of Fire +% Power Draw

Missile Systems - Neutron Payload -% Hull Damage +% Kill Crew

Tesla Turrets - Arc Splitter Chains to nearby targets X km -% Damage +% Power

Cannons - Plasma Core Rounds: +% Hull Damage -%knockback -% ROF

Fighters - Evasive Pattern Delta: +% chance ignore damage -% Damage

Mining Turrets - Enhanced Survey System: -% Damage +% Efficiency

Salvage Turrets - Nanite Deconstructers: +% Efficiency +% Mod Drop chance

Also maybe a better scanning module that can give a bit more information than mass or subspace signature, used in conjunction with the current module for the ranges.

Fighters - The current fighters leave a bit to be desired. They're difficult to acquire in the necessary numbers as well as being exceptionally fragile with an unsustainable crewing system. Instant damage application systems in particular are brutal for fighter squadrons. I'd like to see the pilot system changed to that of drone pilots, with the fighters being drones. In this way you retain the requirement of crew for fighters while also making them not suicidal disposable pilots that they are currently.

The second suggestion is a bit more involved. Rather than buying individual fighters which can be expensive considering their current disposability, I'd like to see the things you buy as fighter blueprints. So your hangar has a capacity of X and you can construct fighters using credits/resources to fill those slots balanced with how easy they are to destroy. Perhaps a hangar has Y construction slots so you can't instantly replenish all your fighters mid combat. Make it autonomous in such a way that you can design your fighter fleet and the construction auto replaces fighters if you're above a certain resource threshold you set based on your decided fighter fleet composition.

Thrusters - I'd like them to be a bit more effective mainly because I don't really want the entire hull to be thrusters just because that's what's required to make a ship not feel like an awful space brick. Even if you cover them with plates currently, the flames still burst out the side so the ship just ends up being a blur of bright flames. It's mostly an aesthetic issue for me.

Faction Wars:

I really like the idea of the factions warring with one another and choosing a side to work with. When you do it'd be cool if you were gifted the locations of your allied systems and systems of the faction they're at war with. I'm in a few wars currently in which I have no idea where the enemy is located.

QOL:

Jumpdrive cooldown - I understand why it's necessary but it's also quite long. Travelling places you can spend a lot of time just sitting in empty space watching your jump bar refill. The modules for jump drives are a little out of control with +100% cooldown to jump 3 extra sectors or +100% power draw for 15% less recharge time (Time which will be lost trying to power the now extra absurd power draw.)

I've omitted things I know are already being worked on. We are having a blast playing the game and can't wait to see where it goes from here.

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet