Avorion Server exception occurred: index 3 on attempt to reload

BobbyDevis

I have had the server running previously, brought it down to try and set the admin to my own name so I could have access to commands, However server instantly crashes with

An exception occurred: index 3 is already taken

Sorry if this is a repost I was trying to find a similar problem already posted. No other server is running in task manager.

serverlog_Fri_Jan_27_10-57-57_2017.txt

I am running a dedicated server that does not have a graphics card so it will not open the GUI. There unfortunately isn't another way to shut the server down that I can find....

Deleting all the files lets the server run, However breaks a number of facion/player interactions. For future reference, Thanks for the help! Loving the game so far!

Is there a way to properly set the admin account? I can get it to set the name of the account however the steam ID shows as 0 and I am unable to use any commands. And as previously stated force closing the sever results in it being unable to be brought back up so changing the data in the server settings file does not help.

Alternatively is there a way a client can force close a server or crash it predictably at the moment?

• Boxelware Team

The admin ID is the steam ID of the admin. It's a 64bit integer, basically a long number. The server prints those IDs to the logfile when players log in. As a workaround: You can log into your server, log out, check your ID it printed to the log file and put that in the admin.xml. Make sure to start the server without the --admin argument after that, or it will be overridden.