[Mod] Questions on how to proceed with modding fighters

Dahak

Okay, so if I'm understanding this right, actually modding stats and so on requires I make scripts that the game runs on anything I want to mod? So if I wanted to mod the behavior of fighters, I'd need to have a script to run on them, and a script that runs that script on them and is attached to the sector or something else. Similarly to wanting to mod fighters, does the same apply to any weapon and so on too?

Having a bit of trouble though. I didn't see any callbacks that are specific to fighters, so I'm wondering the best route to go about hooking things to fighters.

To start with very basically, I'm thinking just tagging their on-death function to replace them in the carrier after a period of time and deduct some minerals. Since this is super basic, they'd probably just 'hang' there as debt until you could pay for them, and would lack any UI for this...

Past that, more advanced behavior I might be interested in is how to, say, change them into modules the same as turrets, but based on hangar space and so on; which documentation I'd need to be looking into, especially to make the AI continue to use them.

Basically just hoping to get pointed in the right direction.