What do you mean by "--arg"?

RosyUnicorn

So I've had a fair few ships disappear due to them beta-bugs. I figured that as I am running a server I could get back what I've lost. The issue is that the few tutorials I've found fails to use any examples on what the code looks like. I have no idea what the /help means by -p [ --player ]. Does it mean I need to write -p first? Do I write --RosyUnicorn?

Or my favourite "-a [ --amount ] arg(=0) amount of goods".

Every tutorial I've found assumes everybody knows how to make yourself or others admin, how to modify the documents, and what the various items mean. The issue is that this stuff is not common knowledge. Even more an issue when the game itself is run as a server. This stuff should be stickied right on the front page in words even an idiot like myself would understand.

The thing about logical systems is that they are not logical unless you understand the system. The system needs to be explained.

*Salty tears of saltyness*

First Rosy, and now SS Unicorn. Goddamn you bugbear. Goddamn you..

EDIT: Added 2cents.

EDIT2: When I think I got the code right: "RosyUnicorn is not online". /players yielded "online players: Kerfilicious".

• Boxelware Team

If you want to give, you can type

/give RosyUnicorn 15000 iron

/give RosyUnicorn 15000 credits

/give RosyUnicorn 15000 titanium

etc.

In order to make yourself admin, start via the dedicated server tool, or pass your 64bit SteamID (which is basically just a long number) to the server via command line with the --admin parameter.

Example: bin/AvorionServer --name my_galaxy --admin 95923401293012

You can get your steam id from the log files, the server prints them when a player connects.

Edit: To start the server on windows, of course type

bin\AvorionServer.exe --name my_galaxy --admin 95923401293012

Man you're such a cool doodle!

I made a dedicated server, and it worked like a charm! Kinda hilarious I've been rewritting the same stuff for 30mins straight now, and all I had to do was to throw a few things around.

Kudos! Issues solved!

Thanks for your hard work! <3