"Truce" feature

An Ning

Suggestion

Shooting someone shooting you shouldn't impact relations

It's quite annoying to have a set of merchants, or a warship that you are not at war with start shooting you, and have the faction call foul and "reduce relations" when you shoot back.

I would suggest the ability to enter a "truce" with a hostile faction you are not at war with 

- You make a "truce" by talking to their ships/warships -basically you don't shoot them, they don't shoot you.

- The truce slowly gains reputation (until you are out of "hostile" relations) for every so many minutes you go without firing at one of their ships/stations (relations do not raise beyond that)

- The truce is broken if you shoot at a ship or station of that faction. Breaking the truce results in a massive loss of reputation, and a new truce cannot be made for X hours.

Failing this, I would simply recommend that shooting "hostile" non-pirate ships you are not "at war" with not result in reduction of relations -only destruction of their craft results in reduced relations.

Because a merchant showing up in a system I'm mining in, coming over and shooting me, then getting upset and "reducing relations with the faction" when I shoot back... is kinda bull.

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet