Do mineral rich asteroids respawn?

SurprisingEdge

I think it's alright if they don't ever respawn in Singleplayer, but how does this work in Multiplayer? I wouldn't want to log in to a server where all the resource asteroids are already gone. I mean I don't mind a few hyperspace jumps or something, but you know... it has to be reasonable.

I think it's alright if they don't ever respawn in Singleplayer, but how does this work in Multiplayer? I wouldn't want to log in to a server where all the resource asteroids are already gone. I mean I don't mind a few hyperspace jumps or something, but you know... it has to be reasonable.

When I first tried a multiplayer server, the starting sector was absolutely devoid of any mineral rich asteroids. The only asteroids were the regular kind that gives maybe 26 iron for the whole thing. Needless to say, it took forever to grind enough iron to build my first ship. :'(

When I complained about this on the forum, though, someone replied that who ever set up this server must have chosen to have everyone spawn in the same home sector and that was my problem. If set to a random sector, this shouldn't be nearly as much of an issue.

But, yeah, I really wish they make mineral-rich asteroids respawn after a while - at least in each home sector. Or they could have the mining portion of the tutorial trigger a respawn. At the least, there should be a server command for admins to respawn them.