Fighters / Commander Issues.

Hunchback187

Okay, I know I'm not going crazy, but I have read all the suggestions on getting Fighters and for some reason these do not exist at all in my game.  There is nowhere to buy them even though I have read that you can purchase them at Equipment Docks.  I also am unable to create a commander what so ever.  There is a fault when you reach 2 Lieutenants and 11 Sergeants.  There is no option to Assign a Commander.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm totally lost on these functions and I would love the ability to actually have another one of my ships be able to have a Captain so I could AI control them.

Please be specific on what I need to do or what I am missing as I only have about 30 hours playing and have experienced numerous bugs.

You need to hire commanders (and captains) directly, they can't be crewmen.

But you don't need a commander to hire a captain and let ai pilot the ship :S

Fighters can be bought in those docks (under "buy fighters"), but you might need to get closer to the core

You can hire captains at shipyards.  As for commanders, not sure if all shipyards have them available, but maybe.  The shipyard in my starting area and other sectors in my galaxy near the starting area have few commanders available for hire.  The higher ranking crew are probably closer to the core.