Transfer playerdata?

Silencer107

There's an index file under the server data that holds the indices of the players and corresponds that with the player_x.dat files, you need that file as well and then all your player data should correctly function accross servers.

Looking to do this same thing and trasfer single player data to online server. Could you go in to more detail on the exact directories and files that need to be copied over in order to allow a player to load in to their single player ship on multiplayer server and not create the new file. Thanks.

I tried to change server in to other computer and i copied galaxy files there, but seems it makes always new player file with another id when player is connecting. All configs are fine but player data doesn't apply.

Are you referring to this file and the individual player_x.dat files? Because I have tried transferring the player files and it always makes another one when said player rejoins. They never get anything they had on the previous server.

You also asked if there was a way to give it to players. Sadly you can only give resources and credits no turrets or upgrades.

simple use the /give command

/give username amount resource

example:

/give lars2696 10000 iron

I have absolutly no idea how it works with name with a space inbetween (couldnt get it to work).

Is there a way to transfer a players data from one world to another? Just the resources and credits is fine, or maybe there is a way to give it to a player?

I was able to do it by taking the contents of the source player file and dumping it into the destination player file. For this to work the player has to connect to the server and generate a new player, then dump into that new file.

Some things to consider: During this test I was able to import all of the player inventory, except the ship. I believe the ship is part of the world data, so that's something to be mindful of. Players will have to likely build a new ship, but if they're rich already who cares right?

What I did:

I took the contents of source player and dumped into destination player. I used linux, but it should work in windows command prompt as well with either of the following commands:

In Linux/cygwin:      cat player_1 > player_7

in Windows CLI:        type player_1 > player 7  (untested)

There are likely other ways to do it as well, ie a text editor like notepad, but if the editor handles spacing wrong or puts in word wrap your file is corrupt - been warned.

That should be all that you need to do, hope it helps!

If anyone figures out how to move the ships as well (including their positional data) please share with us! Wouldn't mind getting a sticky thread going as there's always people moving from one friends server to a dedicated mixed with other people's accounts.

-Jeremy Fabiano

I can confirm that Jfabiano's method works (I used command prompt)

Basically what I did was use the type command to list everything in the .dat file and moved it completely into the other dat file by using >.

Here is an example I used.

NOTE: If you have anything in the directory with a space make sure to put quotes around it, for example: "C:\Users\mderryberry\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\old dedicated_server\player_1.dat"

I can provide a video if need be as well to show that it does work. But I think people can figure this out for themeselves, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

It works but, always I dumb the data into the other, it also copys the same galaxy-waypoints. So when i open map, i have the same map as of the players data i want top copy but the locations arent there. i have a new palyer with all the stuff but the mapwayspoints too. hope i could make clear my problem and u guys have some kind of solution for this.