Custom Predefined Shapes

Mr.Pimps

• 2 weeks later...

It would be wonderful if we could save custom predefined shapes (a group of multi-selected blocks, etc). This would save loads of time when we want to make similarly themed fleets of different ships. It takes a lot of work to get diamond tips, curved edges, etc. Right now we can copy and paste them, but that means we have to load up old ship plans, select the blocks, then load up new ship and paste them.

Hi Maxavian,

If you open the block menu in build mode, you can paste your groups in the bottom section with the default prefabs and they'll stay there between ships. Just select an empty slot and paste as usual.

Oh snazzy! I could have swore I remember reading that somewhere, but I thought that was under the "predefined shapes" menu, and I didn't see any empty spaces to save/paste stuff. Right on, guess we could cross this one off the list. Thanks for the heads up.

• 3 months later...

My Predefined shapes window is full of... regular single cubes/rectangles.

I can't seem to Delete them or do anything to free up space and copy-paste something meaningful.

Any advice?

Use the Menu at the normal building window:

First, u select the parts you like to copy... CTRL + C

AlEZHsF.jpeg

after that, you select an empty slot down under the tiles menu and paste it with CTRL + V

wLWHXLr.jpeg

and then, it adds all the tiles you have selected before and you will be able to use them forever (expect you delete it :P)

cZ7XQXe.jpeg