Damage sponges?

Falkenherz

Not sure what I am doing wrong, or is it the game design. I am currently exploring systems close to the border to the inner galaxy. Ships there are Xanion-level. When now pirates or a faction fleet warps is, the ensuing combat can litterally last hours, because all ship´s hitpoints seem to go in the millions. It all seemed well up until the Trinium-level systems. But Xanion really gets boring very quickly. I have Xanion-level weapons, but they don´t hasten combat too much (tech level 37).

What is your firepower and what is the server difficulty?

On MP server with Normal difficulty Xanion ships are not really hard, it's just that your firepower might be low. I have around 4k of firepower (31 turrets) and I do not seem to have any troubles destroying any ships. 2.5k of firepower is recommendable, below that your ship is just a peashooter against Xanion ships.

I had 4k omicron in xanion, also you have to look at the damage and rate of fire vs. tech level.  It's kind of random on drops.

As for long hyper jump times what I usually do is alternate between a warp gate and self hyper jump so i can always keep moving and exploring without a lot of downtime.  I have a very large ship now with 7 system slots, so it does slow down a bit, but i'm still enjoying the bigger space battles (playing on hard mode).

It´s kind of a funny moment. There I build my newest and shiniest Janus Class Corvette, all expensive Trinium. Enemies in the Trinium region just melt when this ship turns its turrets at it. Then I venture boldly where no one has gone before, and the next moment the same ship is just but a peashooter.  ;D

If you play the game "properly", I competently agree that the combat gets way too boring with spongy ships around and past trinium, However, right now you can get super OP turrets from turret factories. I have 2.2k DPS laser turrets with +70% shield damage and pretty much every thing is melting before me. Even the multi million hp stations just explode in about 5 minutes.

Just look for a turret factory that builds exceptional tier turrets that do more than 1k DPS and don't overheat or have overly high energy requirements.

Ye finding a good turret factory is awsome i now have 3200 Damage /s independent targeting lasers with 77% hull damage, these tings are CRAZy, you just look in their general direction for 5 seconds, and poof they fall like flies. the triple or quad cannons with 2k+ dmg is also insane