Dev branch

Worm

Suggestion

As the name suggests.

Since Steam supports switching between versions, a dev branch would be a good solution to reduce the amount of breaks that might happen (like last patch dropped server stability alot, some vendors are broken). It does not have to be an open dev branch, it might be a private with code given out to volunteers, any way works.

Or something like basic 24/48h rule of testing it before releasing it and extending the time by same amount till it's stable.

please don't go on a witchhunt against me

2 answers to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

There is a beta branch yes, and we'll use it more in the future.

It might seem that the new update broke a lot of things, but that's actually not true. The errors that you're getting are not related to the update, they're related to more advanced progress that players are making. More cargo in cargo bays, more ships, closer to the center, those are all factors that play roles here. I'm currently fixing errors based on logs and reports and those were all already in the old version - it just didn't crash the game yet.

The bug you reported is most likely related to you having a lot of different cargo, for example. But I posted an answer to the other thread.