Reputation loss for killing fighters

Falkenherz

Suggestion

1 answer to this suggestion

20 points each time?! :o I'm going to have to keep an eye out for those mosquitoes!

Perhaps that is a big high.  But I think it would help to have an obvious, highly visible indicator around them on our HUD, so we don't hit them by accident.

Edit:

A different idea: Military drones may be considered rather cutting edge IRL on Earth. However, for any highly advanced spacefaring race with hyperdrives and such, that should be old tech or easily managed.

So, instead of treating fighters as actual fighters, why not treat them as remote-controlled drones? Pilots climbing into a star-fighter cockpit may make for exciting films or TV shows. But... come on. If technology and money were no obstacles, don't you think militaries would rather have pilots safe in a bunker or on a capital ship, controlling attack drones remotely?

I'm suggesting that "fighters" remain as they are, with the exception of the reputation penalty being tiny or nonexistent. This could be explained by the pilots remaining on the ship that launched them, so there was no loss of life.