Economy.

DoomAngelBlade

I think everonye here played world-famous X series.

The most hardest thing in it that you can do empire and fleet only if you have good factories and profit.

There are various resources... ores... end-goods(consumables).

How Economy will look like here?

I am asking it because there is a small but huge problem. Random generation.

Every time you can find another empire\fleet. The thing is that they are called..... Anything but human(rkkrak's defenders(protectors) or anything like that).

Will that mean that every race\empire will have it's own economy?

(E.G: 1st race don't use product A at all. 2nd race Uses it and after using it produces product B that they can't use(Junk\waste). 1st Race uses product B. Or 1st Race consumes far more product C than 2nd race. But 1st race produces far more product A while consuming product C)

• Boxelware Team

In the future, factions will be distributed over bigger regions, you will meet the same faction more often in different sectors.

The trading or economy system, however, will be independent of factions/races. There will be one big economic system, where all factions share the same products. You can buy products from one faction and sell them at another. It wouldn't make sense to reduce a big bunch of products to a single faction.

Imagine science fiction universes like star wars or star trek, where you have a huge number of different races who trade with each other.

Or even X, there are multiple races, and you can still trade technical products between them.

I was thinking of maybe introducing one or two products per faction, that you can find buy and sell at a that certain faction. But I will have to see how that might turn out. It might overcomplicate the trading system, it might add some cool atmosphere, or it might not even be noticable. So I simply can't tell you right now.

• 4 months later...

As I see you make trade goods in game and it starts to look like a real economy like in X-series.

Question is. . . Will you make it like in X-series? I mean materials in economy.

In X series every material has it's purpose. Here - Higher material = Higher quality, price, durability.

Will you change it or you will keep it and improve it?