[Idea] Deployable Turret Mines

LordHavoc

I just read a thread in general about people being attacked very often when they're in a system; interrupting building/buying sessions.

We currently:

Can build more ships - but they cost a lot in wages and time management

Can buy fighters - afaik, you need to be at trinium level before hangers get unlocked

So - Would it be possible to either mod (or does this belong in suggestions) a way of dropping small 'constructs' that don't require crew, and have turret slots.

They could(should) have restrictions such as:

-Manouvering thrusters, but no main thrusters - They should capture the location they're dropped at, and if they get moved...auto move back to the coords they were dropped at. Edit: AI timer to kick in after several seconds after being bumped/collision. To stop AI being silly and driving into a ship constantly.

-Size is limited by a percentage of your ship size - say 10% (IOW, If you have a 1000 volume ship, you can only make a 100 volume construct)

-Turret slots is based on construct size. Defaulting at 2 for the smallest but gaining more as you can make it bigger

-Introduction of blocks at higher material levels to increase turrets (this is self-balanced by the size limitation mentioned above)

-As a maintenance system, each mine should add to players powergrid usage. Nothing major, say .25GW for each one. This means big ships could have loads where small ships only have a handful

The mine AI should shoot at any ship that is aggressive to player

And they should have a bonus to range to make up for the fact that they're stationary - a flat 2km should be sufficient