The great 'Turret Disappearing' trick?

Thundercraft

What happened?

Applying a ship blueprint without first removing the turrets can and will glitch those turrets so they disappear and can not be removed! :o

What did you do to make it happen?

[*]Build a ship and save the blueprint or apply a saved blueprint.

[*]Add several combat and noncombat turrets, keeping track of which and what kind of turrets you add and how many of each you have left.

[*]Apply a different ship blueprint to change your ship.

[*]Visually inspect your ship. You will notice that most, if not all, of the the turrets have disappeared.

[*]Inspect your Building Inventory in Build Mode and you will notice that you are short one or more turrets that you started with (before building your ship).

[*]Inspect your Ship tab in your Ship Window and you will see that some or all of the turret slots are empty.

[*]Go back to Build Mode and try to add more turrets. You will find that impossible as you will get the error that your ship already has the maximum number of turrets allowed

[*]Finally, apply the blueprint of the ship you started with. (See step 1.) Visually examine your ship and you will see that the missing turrets are back. Inspect your Ship tab in your Ship Window to confirm that they are back.

What did you expect to happen?

I expect the game to automatically remove any turrets that do not correspond to the new blueprint and put them back into my inventory. Sometimes, the game actually does this! But, other times, it glitches and makes them invisible and otherwise unusable. This may be dependent on whether or not a design has the maximum number turrets installed and whether any modules are used which can affect the number of allowed turrets.

File for testing, observations:

This is a rather repeatable bug. But it's not exactly predictable. For testing, you could add turrets to my Eos Mk. I freighter without cargo container, then apply my Eos Mk. I freighter with cargo container. This causes the bug every time.