Operation: Exodus

Dead8Eye

It´s part of an important questline. I first thought you have to guess whether the first figure is + or - and then go to the according sector coordinates. But, apparently, you just have to collect them until you have a x and y coordinate with the same number (#), e.g. #65 x=265 and #65 y=76.

Beware, though. Quest endbosses are very powerful. >2000 omicron firepower and significant tanking ability are required.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I may have a bug on this quest.  I followed the signals all the way out to the edge of the galaxy, but the last coordinate was an empty sector.

090, -354:  Beacon with next coord.

165, -409:  Beacon with next coord.

200, -440:  Beacon with next coord.

250, -469:  Beacon with next coord.

299, -492:  Beacon with next coord.

366, -499:  Dead End - No Coordinates

I'm given to understand you're supposed to keep following the trail of breadcrumbs.  Please advise.

I think I may have a bug on this quest.

You do, that's a known-bug, but Koonschi is still tracking down what causes it.  post about this in the bug-reports forum, and attach your logfiles.

the final sector is a communication beacon

He allready stated it lead to an "empty sector".

I dunno about you, but a sector with a comm-beacon literally 5-to-10 Kilometers dead ahead of you, and about 6-to-10 LARGE shipwrecks scattered about, is not normally called "empty".

It might be called "dead", since it's all wrecked garbage. (good if you need Xanion, and have decent salvaging guns)

Just to be clear, when I said the sector was empty, I mean empty.  No wrecks, no asteroids, no beacon.  I even checked adjacent sectors & nearby mass readings just to make sure, jumping back in to look for changes.  Nothing.

However, I'm going to add this to the bug forum & see what happens.  I will also abort the mission & see if it pops up again for another try.

Just to be clear, when I said the sector was empty, I mean empty.  No wrecks, no asteroids, no beacon.  I even checked adjacent sectors & nearby mass readings just to make sure, jumping back in to look for changes.  Nothing.

However, I'm going to add this to the bug forum & see what happens.  I will also abort the mission & see if it pops up again for another try.

Well, you can also try to find another set of coordinates and follow them.

Shame that it has happened in your game. The quest itself is a bit frustrating in its own right, especially on the way back...

The quest itself is a bit frustrating in its own right, especially on the way back...

Aye, on my way back to where I'd been when I started, I tripped over Boss Swoks III, which was great as I hadn't found him yet, and really, really annoying, as I wasn't really ready for him.

Ended up ramming him to death.

Traveling to the outer rim should feel long and far. I can make this only bearable for me by taking my time and explore stuff on my way.

A tip when on the final dialogue: Do NOT end it with ESC-key, or the artifact will not spawn. Took me some hours to figure that one out...

The destination is actually fixed and inside the bounds, gimme a sec...

Enter this command (just copy-paste it) in the chat:

/run package.path = package.path .. ";data/scripts/lib/?.lua"; local OperationExodus = require("story/operationexodus"); local a, b, c, d = unpack(OperationExodus.getCornerPoints()); print (a.x, a.y); print (b.x, b.y); print (c.x, c.y); print (d.x, d.y);

This will print the coordinates of all possible corner points for operation exodus to the scripting console. The console can be opened with the ' key. If that doesn't work, you can remap that key in the control bindings. Pick the one that is closest to you and go there.