MiningFighter-Behaviour

Husky110

My plan was to get to Trinium as fast as possible to get a hangar with a bunch of mining fighters to basicly do my slave-work.

Therefore I got myself a ship with hangars and 8 Trinium-Mining-Fighters and sent them to an asteroid.

Problem is that they seem to target only the center of the asteroid while not mining the edges at all...

Here is an screenshoot after they where "done" (they kept targeting the center and got the edges only by "accident" even when the center was gone already. I've encyvled the fighter which shows that (faulty would be to harsh on that... uncool?) behavior:

bg8AW5b.png

What I would expect is that they mine an asteroid from the edges to the center.

Furthermore those little fighters are pretty slow. While I like the idea of having a small slave-army to do the mining-work.

I would expect that they need like 2 aproaches for the same material as they are at a standard asteroid and maybe 3 if they mine one material above, since there are (in my case) 8 Lasers pointed at that asteroid.

Those 8 fighters (where like 1 was Naonite, the rest was Trinium) took 4 approaches to make that shape. But this is more like a suggestion and might be in connection to the behavoir i mentioned... :)

This is the same behaviour of salvaging fighters - which makes it difficult to salvage with them. There are a few changes that could be made that would greatly increase their use.

First off, when salvaging instead of having all fighters target the center of the target (this works for combat, but not for mining and salvaging) have them target in a similar fashion as the auto targeting salvage and mining turrets. Also, it would be of great help to have the fighters auto target - they're flown by pilots you hire after all! Perhaps if there was a Auto Target mode you can select with them so they'll seek out targets within their range - mining, salvage, and combat.

As things are now, I feel that fighters are broken and not worth any investment due to their cost and inability to function in a meaningful way. Hope my feedback helps!

• 2 months later...